i love math

i love math
I hope you get it.

Thursday, October 13, 2011

Would You Describe Me as "Fragile"?

So, education is in a pretty disastrous place right now. California is a budgetary mess and we seem to think our kids won't notice that they no longer have chairs to sit in (really it's that a large proportion of our California students come from families that don't know it's ok to speak up about injustice, so although the kids notice shit ain't right, their parents keep their lips tight). We might have kids sitting on upside down garbage cans, but our political leaders still have catered meetings. Sorry, I got distracted (angry).

Although California is a sink hole, the rest of the country isn't faring much better. Pennsylvania just had a city claim bankruptcy, tiny towns all over our great nation are boarding up their windows and moving out all the while we have "leaders" on both sides of the red and blue fence that are so concerned with destroying their next chance to run for office they too keep their lips tight about the destruction to our educational system.

Well, I know I have been described as "bitchy" and "loud" and "out of line" as well as "headstrong", "opinionated" and "demanding" and damn right I'm all of those things. I'm also a great teacher because of it. But I don't know that I've ever been described as "fragile" and that's probably a good thing.

Check out this article about a math teacher in France. Makes me think we aren't the only ones that have it rough.

No comments:

Post a Comment